Saturday, April 21, 2012

Assessment Models/Data

Hi Everyone,

I'm still in the throes of writing the paper, but I thought I'd share some of my assessment tools and data with you prior to dumping everything on ya'll at once.

Relationship styles, identified by relationship behaviors:


Style
Sexual
Emotional
Practical
Monogamy
Exclusive
Exclusive
Dyadic
Swinging
Inclusive
Exclusive
Dyadic
Open Relationship
Inclusive
Inclusive
Dyadic
Polyamory
Inclusive
Inclusive
Non-Dyadic
Polyfidelity
Exclusive
Exclusive
Non-Dyadic

This serves as the main tool I'll be using to match up the actual non-monogamous relationships and how they're most frequently done with the legal dimensions. You can find more details in Review 8. though I have made a few tweaks from the original connections made there, but the core idea still applies.

Also, here's the legal dimensions that I'll be using to asses state laws with:

Category
Fornication
Adultery
Bigamy
Friendly
None
None
Simple
Unfriendly
None
Present
Simple
Aggressive
Present
Present
Simple
Dyadic
None
None
Dyadic
Resistant
None
Present
Dyadic
Hostile
Present
Present
Dyadic
As I wrote about in my BA Senior Thesis, Adultery and Bigamy are the 'big two' that have already been identified. Fornication is the 'new kid,' that I ran into while doing the research.

And, a few research stats for you:

Category
Number
Friendly
11
Unfriendly
4
Aggressive
8
Dyadic
16
Resistant
6
Hostile
6
IMPORTANT NOTE: These numbers are subject to some revision between now and when I finish. Odds are things won't change too much (deviation by 5-10% maybe), so this can serve as a ballpark number for those interested.

Just something to satiate your appetite while I write the paper (-:

Cheers!

- Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment